What our parents think…
Why Upperthorpe Nursery is so fantastic
- Flexible-. If extra hours are needed at short notice or days need to be changed, the nursery always tries to accommodate needs, even making room for siblings during school holidays.
- Helpful and happy staff- the staff are cheerful and attentive to the children. They are able to put the children at ease and make them feel at home.
- Family feel -the older children are often helping out the younger children and staff. The staff and owners all work together and comfortably alongside each other to create a family feel and homely atmosphere.
- Secure- the building has security cameras, intercom entrance and there is always someone on the entrance desk to greet visitors to the building. There is a password system when children are collected by someone other than parents or carers that are known to the staff.
- Spacious building and outdoor spaces- the building itself is very impressive and the rooms are light and spacious. The outdoor spaces are huge and benefit from a sheltered ‘playhouse’ for use in bad weather. The outdoor areas are also very secure and cannot be accessed without permission.
- Excellent contact and communication with parents as if the child is upset or ill, trained staff are able to administer medication with parental consent rather than requiring the child to be taken out of the nursery.